1) Mouse cursor is invisible.
There are 2 possible reasons of this problem.
- You have old video drivers. Download and install the newest ones.
- You deleted "Cursors" folder from the game for some reason. Reinstall the game.
2) You have disconnect (or mismatch) during multiplayer game.
There are 3 recommendations which can help to avoid this problem:
- Download Hamachi and connect using it. Read
article about Hamachi for more information.
- Old AI usually causes mismatches. Download and install fixed AI.
- Download and install Contra 007 Net Fix .
- Check your Contra version. Since some internal beta versions became available for public accidentally,
you can confuse them with final release. Run the game and click "Credits" in main menu. If displayed
version number is 006 then you have beta version. Download the final one.
3) Spider Mech turns into a shining thing and does not want to return to its normal state.
It usually happens when you click teleport button and make double or triple
click on destination point. This bug is connected to game engine and can not be
fixed. Just avoid making 100 clicks per second when using teleport ability. If
it happened, click teleport button once more. Spiders will return into their normal form.
4) It is impossible to use general's powers
in multiplayer game. It happens when your ally
exits the game and all his units become yours. This bug is connected with game
engine and can not be fixed. Just don't exit the game when playing with allies.
If it happened, you can fix it this way: destroy all Command Centers
(or Command Trucks) of your former ally.
5) You can not select anything and can not push buttons with mouse.
It happens sometimes when you exit to Windows and return to game. It is fixed this way:
press ESC to open main menu and click "Return to game".
6) When you play as GLA you don't see general's
powers shortcuts. It is not a bug. Build
Command Truck at GLA Factory.
7) All units and buildings explode in 10-20
seconds of playing. It happens when you use
pirate version or lost license key. The problem is solved with DatGen.
Put it into Zero Hour folder and run it once. It will not
open any windows or display messages. It is ok.
8) You see strings like "MISSING:bla-bla-bla"
instead of names and descriptions of new units.
The game can not load new language file. Everything works properly with English
version, but it can be problems with non-English versions. Language file is
packed inside "!Contra007-en.big". Unpack this file using FinalBig tool. This
package contains only one file - generals.csf placed into /Data/English/ folder.
Rename "English" folder. If you use German version - rename in into "German". If
Spanish version - rename into "Spanish" and so on. Then pack everything back.
9) You see purple rectangles instead of
buttons and unit icons. The reason is the same
as in point 8. But this time you must unpack "!Contra007.big" package and rename
"English" folder there.
10) You can not build many units and
buildings. It is not a bug. All versions of
Contra since 003 use rank restrictions. You cannot build strategy centers, super
weapons, heavy artillery units, some aircraft, and super units until after you
have reached the correct rank. Most buildings and units are unlocked
automatically when you hit Rank 3. The rest are unlocked at rank 5.
11) You can't uninstall Contra because you
don't see it in Windows Control Panel. It is
not a bug. Contra does not support this feature. Run Contra launcher and click
"Uninstall and exit". This is all.
12) AI does not do anything.
There can be 2 possible reasons. First. You use unfinished
multiplayer map without paths and markers for AI. Finish your multiplayer map or
use another one. Second. Something happened with AI. Make sure that
/Data/Scripts/ folder does not contain "SkirmishScripts.scb" file.
13) Game crashes. Zero Hour can not be started - crashes instantly.
Install 1.04 patch.
14) Game crashes. Zero Hour starts normally, but crashes after 10-15 minutes of waiting in main menu.
It happens someimes. The reason is unknown, but it is connected with Shellmap. You can turn off Shellmap to avoid this
problem. In order to do so, make right click on Zero Hour shortcut and choose "Properties".
There will be a string similar to this:
"C:\Games\Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe"
Add "-noshellmap" parameter.
"C:\Games\Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -noshellmap
Click "Ok". This is all. Shellmap will be replaced with standard Generals screenshot and game will load 2 times faster.
15) Game crashes. Zero Hour starts normally. You try to start a skirmish or multiplayer.
You switch to unofficial maps - it crashes. It does not even show you the list of maps.
Your "Maps" folder is clogged. You installed too many maps or some of them are corrupted. I recommend to leave the maps you want to play now and
move the rest of them to different folder.
16) Game crashes. Zero Hour starts normally. You try to start a skirmish or multiplayer.
You select a map successfuly and click "Play Game". Loading process starts and crashes.
The map you selected is not adopted for Contra. Try another one.
17) Text is not displayed.
First of all, delete ariag.ttf file from Zero Hour folder. Then go to Windows/Fonts/ folder,
find Arial.ttf and copy it to Zero Hour. Rename copied Arial.ttf to Ariag.ttf. This is all.
18) Launcher displays this error:
Download fixed launcher.
19) Replays are recorded incorrectly.
Replays can be corrupted if you play a skirmish game, loss and click "Restart Game".
If you want to record correct replay, do not use restart button.
20) The mod is in Russian and want to switch it to English.
It happens when you install the mod incorrectly. There are 2 language packages:
!Contra007-en.big - for English.
!Contra007-ru.big - for Russian.
When you place both packages into the game, Russian one overrides English version and the game switches to Russian. You need to find and delete !Contra007-ru.big to switch the game to English.
21) Game crashes when you watch replays.
Open Options.ini, which is located in "My Documents / Command & Conquer Zero Hour Data /" and look at StaticGameLOD option. It must be set to "Low", "Medium" or "High". If it is set to "Custom" then change it to "High". It will solve the problem.
22) You can not set screen resolution you want.
Open Options.ini, which is located in "My Documents / Command & Conquer Zero Hour Data /" and look find "Resolution" string. Set screen resolution you need, save the file and start the game. Everything will work properly if your video card supports new resolution.
23) The game can now be run under Windows 7.
1. Go to "C: / Users / [your name] / Documents /" folder
2. Create "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder if it is absent. Go into this folder.
3. Create a text file called Options.ini inside it.
4. Put the following content into Options.ini:
AntiAliasing = 2
CampaignDifficulty = 1
FPS = 61
FirewallBehavior = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.1.2
Gamma = 42
IPAddress = 192.168.1.2
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MusicVolume = 0
Resolution = 1600 1200
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 61
SFXVolume = 54
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = High
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 0
5, Right click on Zero Hour shortcut and set "Windows XP Service Pack 2" compatibility mode.
If you did not find the answer then ask your question here.